Comparing Stitch with Weld
What is Stitch
Acquired by Talend in 2018, Stitch Data is a cloud open-source and developer-focused ELT platform that offers no-code connectors to bring data into your warehouse. Stitch offers compatibility with a broad range of data sources and destinations. It also enables customers to construct new sources based on Singer's standards, an open-source toolkit designed for scriptwriting.
"Stitch is an affordable tool for bringing data "as is" from the various data sources (Google Ads, Salesforce or even MySQL) to a data warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)"
- Easy to setup and use
- A cost-friendly pricing model that's easy to understand and based on usage
- Integrates with Talend
- Includes transformations with JSON
- Fully managed no-code ELT data pipelines
- Require deep technical knowledge to get full value out of the platform
- The quality can vary a lot between different connectors as they are not maintained by Stitch
- Depends on the Singer open source framework which can break without notice
What is Weld
Weld is an ETL platform that combines ELT, data transformations, and reverse ETL in one powerful platform. Weld provides a simple, user-friendly interface and is well-suited for smaller data teams that require a modern, but also affordable solution for batch and close to real-time data integration.
"Weld is incredibly user-friendly. The graphical interface is intuitive, which makes it easy to build data workflows quickly and efficiently. Even with little experience in SQL and pipeline management, we found that Weld was straightforward and easy to use."
- Premium quality connectors and reliability
- User-friendly and easy to set up
- AI assistant
- The very competitive and easy-to-understand pricing model
- Reverse ETL option
- Lineage, orchestration, and workflow features
- Advanced transformation and SQL modeling capabilities
- A limited number of connectors
- Only works for Google BigQuery and Snowflake data warehouses
- Limited features for very advanced data teams
- No DBT integration
Summary of Stitch vs Weld
|$100 / 5M rows
|$99 / 2M Active Rows