Comparing Fivetran with Weld
What is Fivetran
Fivetran is a cloud-based Extract-Load-Transform (ELT) platform that allows businesses to connect their data sources and automate the processes of extracting and loading (ETL) data into warehouses and databases such as Google BigQuery Snowflake or Amazon Redshift. It provides more than 300 pre-built connectors that enable users to quickly connect with any third-party service, database, or application such as Salesforce, Google Analytics, Facebook, and Shopify without having to write custom integration code. Additionally, it allows users to replicate their databases in near real-time while also taking care of the transformation steps required for analysis purposes ensuring accuracy within its processes overall.
"If starting from scratch, try to ensure you are using the full list of preferred data stack."
- Wide variety of connectors
- Easy setup, low maintenance, and scalability with pre-built connectors
- Robust security protocols
- Very detailed and helpful documentation
- Near real-time replication capabilities
- Depends on DBT for data transformations
- Has no reverse ETL capabilities
- Complex pricing model to understand and predict
- Gets expensive very fast
- No option to transform data before loading it into your warehouse
What is Weld
Weld is an ETL platform that combines ELT, data transformations, and reverse ETL in one powerful platform. Weld provides a simple, user-friendly interface and is well-suited for smaller data teams that require a modern, but also affordable solution for batch and close to real-time data integration.
"Weld is incredibly user-friendly. The graphical interface is intuitive, which makes it easy to build data workflows quickly and efficiently. Even with little experience in SQL and pipeline management, we found that Weld was straightforward and easy to use."
- Premium quality connectors and reliability
- User-friendly and easy to set up
- AI assistant
- The very competitive and easy-to-understand pricing model
- Reverse ETL option
- Lineage, orchestration, and workflow features
- Advanced transformation and SQL modeling capabilities
- A limited number of connectors
- Only works for Google BigQuery and Snowflake data warehouses
- Limited features for very advanced data teams
- No DBT integration
Summary of Fivetran vs Weld
|$1,200 / 5M active rows
|$99 / 2M Active Rows