Comparing Airbyte with Weld
What is Airbyte
An open-source data integration platform, Airbyte is a popular choice for those building a modern data stack. Airbyte boasts its collection of ELT connectors as well as the ability to build custom ones in the platform, a differentiator from other no-code ELT tools. Because building custom pipelines requires coding knowledge, this special feature will only benefit data specialists with solid coding abilities. Airbyte is built to work well with DBT and SQL, so this is an important thing to note before deciding to use the tool.
"If you don't have workloads that currently use DBT or fit well into that model, this probably isn’t the tool for you."
- Open-source platform
- A really large number of connectors and destinations
- Easy deployment
- Managed cloud option
- Engineering-focused with advanced options to build your own connectors and features
- Has both ELT and Reverse ETL options
- Large community
- More suited for advanced teams
- Require more maintenance
- The quality of connectors can vary because of open-source
- High dependence on community
What is Weld
Weld is an ETL platform that combines ELT, data transformations, and reverse ETL in one powerful platform. Weld provides a simple, user-friendly interface and is well-suited for smaller data teams that require a modern, but also affordable solution for batch and close to real-time data integration.
"Weld is incredibly user-friendly. The graphical interface is intuitive, which makes it easy to build data workflows quickly and efficiently. Even with little experience in SQL and pipeline management, we found that Weld was straightforward and easy to use."
- Premium quality connectors and reliability
- User-friendly and easy to set up
- AI assistant
- The very competitive and easy-to-understand pricing model
- Reverse ETL option
- Lineage, orchestration, and workflow features
- Advanced transformation and SQL modeling capabilities
- A limited number of connectors
- Only works for Google BigQuery and Snowflake data warehouses
- Limited features for very advanced data teams
- No DBT integration
Summary of Airbyte vs Weld
|$2.50/credit (one million rows = 6 credits; 1 GB = 4 credits)
|$99 / 2M Active Rows